how many nvidia 1080 ti graphics card can i connect to Acer Predator Orion 9000 ?

Options
Marklega
Marklega Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
i'm tired searching the web, or asking the local store seller same question, every body give me different answer!
I live in Germany and i want to buy the new Acer Predator Orion 9000 and my question is how many nvidia 1080 ti graphics card can i connect to this device ?
on acer main website in german language they say that i can use 4 graphics cards either nvidia or AMD Radeon, information can be found on the following link:
https://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/press/2017/294770
also Cyberport.de is a local seller here in Germany, and on the website also they say 4 but others say only 2! so please help! i need clear answer and thanks in advance)
https://www.cyberport.de/acer-predator-orion-9000-gaming-pc-i9-7900x-16gb-1tb-256gb-ssd-gtx1080ti-sli-w10-1137-0JC_11272.html

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    According to a video on PCWorld (from CES) they originally planned to offer it with four video cards (as seen at IFA) but dropped the top model to dual video cards instead. My guess is they were finding issues with four and moved to two to address those issues. They'd see nothing but bad press if they shipped a four card version that crashed all the time. So, it looks like you can get the top i9 processor, 128GB of memory and dual 1080ti cards as the top model.

There are enough x16 slots for four cards, but buying an extra two just to find they have issues would be a real bummer...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    According to a video on PCWorld (from CES) they originally planned to offer it with four video cards (as seen at IFA) but dropped the top model to dual video cards instead. My guess is they were finding issues with four and moved to two to address those issues. They'd see nothing but bad press if they shipped a four card version that crashed all the time. So, it looks like you can get the top i9 processor, 128GB of memory and dual 1080ti cards as the top model.

There are enough x16 slots for four cards, but buying an extra two just to find they have issues would be a real bummer...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.