Black screen with Predator Helios 300 g3-571

Options
ArtemArhangelOfFire
ArtemArhangelOfFire Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
in the process of the game display became a black. But the laptop is working with external display. What is the problem? Video card? Display? Or north bridge?

Best Answer

• ArtemArhangelOfFire
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All right. The problem was the fault of the display. The external display did not work due to driver conflict.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    If it works on an external display, then the problem is in the internal display. You should contact Acer support.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ArtemArhangelOfFire
    Options
    But after upgrading driver for video card external display also not connected. It can be video card? It is famous for me because I bought it from Amazon and now I am in Russia. Return is expensive and long. I can change display by myself. But if it's video card for me will be better to return laptop. 
  • ven98
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If updating the driver caused the external display not to respond, then it is a driver problem. Does the internal and external displays work when you enter in BIOS(repeatedly keep pressing the F2 key after you press the power button to boot the laptop)?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• ArtemArhangelOfFire
    Options
    I tried to enter the BIOS, but I couldn't do it. I think it's unpossible with an external display. 
  • ven98
    Options
    Have you tried entering in BIOS on the internal display only?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ArtemArhangelOfFire
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All right. The problem was the fault of the display. The external display did not work due to driver conflict.
  • adnansani
    adnansani Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    can i know what is your solution and did you fix it ? i've got the same problem too.
  • Aptmoniker
    Aptmoniker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same issue.  About an hour ago while using my Helios 300 the screen went out.  It's only four months old.  Using external now.  Anyone find a solution?