My Acer laptop Stuck diagnosing PC!!

Eighthundred11
Eighthundred11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2018 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, my Acer E5-511 series is currently frozen diagnosing my pc however I’ve tried pressing F8 to enter safe mode and it doesn’t work. Nothing does. And I’ve been stuck either restarting my laptop to either enter a black screen or an endless diagnostic loop. Please Help

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Hi,
    Eighthundred11

Windows official solution to the endless 'Preparing Automatic Repair' loop is to directly refresh or reset the PC. This is how it said:

"Upon the 'Preparing automatic repair' window, press-and-hold Power button 3 times to forcefully shut down the machine. The system will enter boot repair page after 2-3 times of reboot, choose Troubleshoot, then go on to Refresh PC or Reset PC." 

When coming here, you can easily complete the process by following the wizard instructions. If the problem still exists, it is suggested to reinstall the operating system.

NOTE: Windows also prompts that you’d better make a backup of your data before starting the above operations in case of the potential data loss disaster. 

Other troubleshooting steps to fix 'Preparing Automatic Repair' loop

Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and Ac adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and see if it will boot up normally.   

Doesn’t help? Repeatedly press F8 while the laptop is booting up, later it will show you Windows Boot Options menu, here go to Troubleshoot--> Advanced Boot Options --> Startup Settings. Finally, follow the wizard instructions to get into Safe Mode.

It doesn't load Safe Mode? Try to disable Automatic Startup Repair on startup. Go to Advanced Boot Options again and this time, choose Command Prompt, type bcdedit /set {current} recoveryenabled No in the Command Prompt window.

I hope the information helps. Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Rkive
    Rkive Member Posts: 1 New User
    My laptop was blue screen and always stuck diagnosing your pc i try troubleshoot and startup repair in advance options but not work and i try turn off and on 2 times but no bootable device and press Alt +Crt + F10  and F2 to go insydeh20 setup utility  no boot mode to change always back blue  screen and i try other click the UEFI fireware setting no happen and back diagnosing pc black screen with cursor try open task manger no happen plese help me