Laptop automatically shuts down for no reason and happens usually.

Options
Yao
Yao Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
My laptop automatically shuts down for no reason and happens usually in these days. I bought this laptop last month and didn't install many software. Sometimes when I reading pdf files or running nothing but with a empty desktop, the laptop shuts down automatically (sometimes this happened very frequently, several times per minute). And as soon as I press the power key and the backlit keyboard start lightening, it sometimes shuts down immediately. But strangely, when I starting working on some stuff like asking this question, my laptop works perfectly for more than 20 minutes. Because I just bought this laptop and I've already deleted nearly everything on this laptop, there should be no software problem for this laptom. So I'm wondering whether this is a hardware problem or something else. In fact I didn't do anything special these days so I really don't know whether my false operations led to this problem or not. What can I do to solve this problem? Will reinstall the system help? My laptop is Acer Asppire 5, A515-51G-5067.

Answers

• Pudens
    Pudens Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I have similar problems with F5-573G and additionaly after shutting down, backlit keyboard light stops work.
  • LIMYITING
    LIMYITING Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop automatically shuts down for no reason and happens usually in these days. I bought this laptop last month and didn't install many software. Sometimes when I reading pdf files or running nothing but with a empty desktop, the laptop shuts down automatically (sometimes this happened very frequently, several times per minute). What can I do to solve this problem? My laptop is ACER ASPIRE 5 A515-41G-17E9. 
  • ramangeltrix
    ramangeltrix Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with Acer e5 575g-57d4. it start by shouting down every 5 or 10 hours but after a period it becomes worst and shut down every 10 minutes. sometimes my computer doesn't start completely, the screen turns on but immediately shut down. It is not a software problem and it isn't related to a demanding performance, I'm just using youtube or acrobat reader and the machine fails. I had sent to technical service twice but they only format it and reinstall windows 10, the problem continues. Even writing this is difficult. 
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't have the laptop nor this issue, but if you are willing, try this (it wont hurt anything):

Right-click the start menu or search > 'Power Options' > 'Additional power settings' (if in Windows 10 Settings)> 'Choose what the power buttons do' > 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' > Uncheck 'Turn on fast startup' > Restart, test, and let me know

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • SykBoi07
    SykBoi07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Laptop automatically shuts down for no reason and happens usually. need help :(

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>But strangely, when I starting working on some stuff like asking this question, my laptop works perfectly for more than 20 minutes. >>>

This behavior suggests a normally-off internal safety switch on the motherboard that is not being properly activated by the laptop case. When you apply pressure from the keyboard, the switch is being properly activated to keep the machine on. Others have reported similar issues for normally-off safety switches, normally-on safety switches, and battery-reset switches. The fixes have been relatively simple with tape and spacers but requires opening the case. If your machine is still under warranty, you might advise ACER warranty service of the potential safety and battery-reset switch problem. Here is the thread that describes some of these issues and fixes. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/464023/acer-aspire-e15-keeps-randomly-shutting-down-even-when-i-have-a-full-battery-charge/p1    It's a long read but some of the descriptions might closely resemble what you're seeing with your own machine.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ