How to stop the Error "your organisation used windows defender application control to block this app

Brandon5438
Brandon5438 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
So, I have had this issue for a while now and I cant open anything I download from the internet, it comes up with this error message when I try to. I tried disabling secure boot, which was faded in the bios so I couldn't use it. I've also called Microsoft support and acer support which both weren't able to fix my problem, I've even done a clean install of windows now I don't know what else I can do. Thanks to anyone that can help. (I have an Aspire E1-571G if that's any relevant information)

Best Answer

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓

OK, do you have a direct connection to the internet and is this a personally owned computer with Windows 10 Home or Pro ? Usually I see messages like that with Windows 10 Enterprise.

zif a personal system  open the Windows Defender Security Center and see what is checked in both Firewall and Network Protection and App & Browser control . I suspect something is set to "blocked" that your connection needs.

BTW in order to change the BIOS security settings, you need to set a BIOS password first. Make sure to remove the password when done else a few years down the line you may not remember what it is.

Also you probably must have administrator rights to do the install. If the app is an executable already downloaded, try right clicking on the app and select "Run as administrator". That might work.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓

OK, do you have a direct connection to the internet and is this a personally owned computer with Windows 10 Home or Pro ? Usually I see messages like that with Windows 10 Enterprise.

zif a personal system  open the Windows Defender Security Center and see what is checked in both Firewall and Network Protection and App & Browser control . I suspect something is set to "blocked" that your connection needs.

BTW in order to change the BIOS security settings, you need to set a BIOS password first. Make sure to remove the password when done else a few years down the line you may not remember what it is.

Also you probably must have administrator rights to do the install. If the app is an executable already downloaded, try right clicking on the app and select "Run as administrator". That might work.

• Brandon5438
    Brandon5438 Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks for the help Padgett, it was because I hadn't set a password in my BIOS. Once I done that I could disable secure boot and my problem is now solved.