How to fix "No Audio Output Device is installed"?

AlanB
AlanB Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2018 in Aspire Laptops
Sound stopped working today and the above message is displayed on the speaker icon.
I have tried the Troubleshooter tool but it reported that it couldn't identify the problem.  I have also tried a system reset, unsuccessfully.

Model is ES1-332-C5KN
Device Manager, Sound... shows Intel (R) Display Audio.  The properties for this say the device is working properly and when I attempted an update it reported that the best driver for this device is already installed.

I would be grateful for advice on how to sort.

Best Answer

• AlanB
    Answer ✓
    I eventually realised that to run the wizard you open the folder and click on setup. That sorted the problem. Incidentally, I think it was caused by a recent windows update removing realtek!

Answers

• AlanB
    I should also have said, Intel (R) Display Audio is the only driver displayed in Device Manager - no sign of Realtek HD Audio Manager. I guess that is the problem.   I can find Realtek on Acer drivers page and have downloaded but am uncertain how to install. It just comes in a zipped file with no obvious sign of how to run.
  • AlanB
    Answer ✓
    I eventually realised that to run the wizard you open the folder and click on setup. That sorted the problem. Incidentally, I think it was caused by a recent windows update removing realtek!
  • Angle
    Angle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I had the exact same problem. I've tried the troubleshooter, and it hasn't worked. How did you fix it?
  • Ashiquesul
    Ashiquesul Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone plz help,,
    My Acer aspire e6600 not supporting audio,no audio output device is installed,how did you fix it,pls tell fast 
  • Aqqke
    Aqqke Member Posts: 3 New User
    I tried all of this, and even installed the drivers from acer's driver site. It prompted me to restart, so I did. When I my computer started again, it still had the problem. I dont understand why this is happening. The problem is no audio input device found. Please help.
  • ABHISHEKMDB
    ABHISHEKMDB Member Posts: 1 New User
    The windows 10 October 2018 update has once again caused the same problem. the error for audio not working in several pc's. not only for ACER but other brands too. here is how to fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed error In Windows 10
  • qammar9668
    qammar9668 Member Posts: 2 New User

No audio device found? A lot of people get this error when they double click an audio or video file. And there is no sound on computer at all. How can we resolve the problem and restore sound on computer?

To fix the problem, you must do a thorough examination of your computer. Because there are several issues that can cause the “No audio device found” problem. You can follow the steps below to fix the problem.

1. Check The BIOS Setting

2. Examine Device Manager

3) Reinstall/Update Your Audio Card Driver

• Ateq786
    Ateq786 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is a very informative and interesting article. I have enjoyed reading your post and have come to the conclusion that you are a professional writer.

• Ateq786
    Ateq786 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is a very informative and interesting article. I have enjoyed reading your post and have come to the conclusion that you are a professional writer.

• Mattpro
    Mattpro Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited July 2022
    The only way I found to fix this is a workaround: Right click on the speaker icon in the lower right. Then left click on Sound Settings (alternatively go to Sound Settings via the start menu, entering "Sound Settings" in the search box, and press Enter on the keyboard). Next tap the volume up button on the keyboard.