cannot get past "check display cable" GTX 1070

Options
vrtual
vrtual Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I got an AH101 headset in December, and have a PC + GeForce GTX 1070 that fully passes all the compatibility checks in the mixed reality portal, but I get "check display cable" in the portal and that's as far as I can get.

The device is showing up in the USB3 and mixed reality devices section of the windows device manager, but it looks like some incompatibility with the GTX series of video cards (I saw another post from someone with same trouble on a GTX 970). I gave the headset to a friend to test and he got it working fine on an AMD video card. I've had support @ nvidia go over my PC and they say there's nothing wrong with it and that it must be an Acer problem.

I should also point out that both the HDMI ports on my 1070 can output to a monitor, but the headset refuses to come up.

Any ideas?

Answers

• RGey
    RGey Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i have a similar problem, like you have..  i have a ACER SPIN 515-51N in a package with the ACER AH101 and i can not get the HMD to light up.. windows 10 updates all done, latest nvidia driver, compatibility check successfull, the HMD headtracking works as i see on latop VR Portal View, HMD becomes a bit warm so i conclude its powered,  
    sorry thats not plug and play..
    but i got the HMD running on my gaming rig.. MSI GS30 GTX980.. but today the left LCD of the HMD is gone, doesnt light up anymore.. so i have to send back...
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    if you have more than an USB3.0 port, please try it; normally that messageis related to a low powered USB 3.0 port or update the USB3.0 drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Nomad06
    Nomad06 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have the same issue, headset is warm but does not turn on, I am using a 3.0 USB and I can see the images on the monitor, just not the head unit itself, but is is warm to the touch which tells me there is power, just no images. Did you find a solution?

RGey said:
    i have a similar problem, like you have..  i have a ACER SPIN 515-51N in a package with the ACER AH101 and i can not get the HMD to light up.. windows 10 updates all done, latest nvidia driver, compatibility check successfull, the HMD headtracking works as i see on latop VR Portal View, HMD becomes a bit warm so i conclude its powered,  
    sorry thats not plug and play..
    but i got the HMD running on my gaming rig.. MSI GS30 GTX980.. but today the left LCD of the HMD is gone, doesnt light up anymore.. so i have to send back...