Some keys on the keyboard are not working

chetanmes2009
chetanmes2009 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Even i am having the same problem with my helios 300 keyboard, the keys like P,T,U,3,6,J,5, ", right Ctrl. Just don't work initially when i start my laptop.
Please provide a solution for such a problem as we don't buy such premium machines for such dealys

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, uninstall the driver and reboot to let Windows install the driver. HTH.
  • chetanmes2009
    chetanmes2009 Member Posts: 2 New User
    No roblem is sill here.
    i can' even ye my rely now
  • JMichEvans
    JMichEvans Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

This is the second re-post from another thread. Note that the cause of the issue behind unresponsive keys for my Acer Predator G3-571 may differ from yours.

I had the same issue with my Acer Predator G3-571 a few days after purchasing it; T, U, P, ], and a few others were unresponsive unless I pushed down hard enough (though they responded normally most of the time if I did not exert pressure on the base of the laptop). After uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver, updating the BIOS, and performing a hard reset via the battery reset pin, I finally fixed the problem by tightening the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard to the motherboard.

More than likely, a loose connection between the ribbon cable and the keyboard is the culprit behind the problem. If you're not comfortable diagnosing your computer and performing that fix if necessary, contact Acer support or an otherwise certified technician.

<I'm-not-an-Acer-employee>

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    You shouldn't buy a Predator laptop I think just get it to a technical supporter.