My g3-710 doesnt pick up microphone

Options
Psychosis
Psychosis Member Posts: 13 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I bought modmic 4.0 for my PC and after 2 hours my friends couldn't hear me on discord and my microphones weren't working. I tried connecting the old one and it also couldn't pick up sound but still was identified by windows. I did a factory reset after hours of uninstalling drivers and installing them back and it still doesn't work.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi, 
    Let's check what is wrong? the first thing to do is run a few tests to figure that out.

Test the modmic on another system you know works with 3.5mm microphones well. if you modmic works well there but not on your own computer then you have an issue with your own computer. if it still has an issue there it may be the modmic (i say may as its not guaranteed)

Test another 3.5mm mic on your system. if you have the same issue its likely your computer. (Also since you have already tested, it could also be an issue with the audio driver)

Even after reset of your computer the same audio drivers is installed, so you can also uninstalled the Realtek High Definition Driver and check if the mic works fine now.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!