invalid serial and snid numbers when registering

iamlawst
iamlawst Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2018 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Bought a new Aspire desktop on 1-4-2018.  Trying to register the product but it always shows serial and snid numbers as invalid.   Cannot connect to chat without valid number and upon calling the support line the computer generated voice tells me my machine is out warranty and sends me to a fee based technical support system.    Any idea on how to contact a living breathing person that I can explain this situation to and perhaps receive assistance from?  Any help will be appreciated.

Answers

• debbiec127
    debbiec127 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having a similar problem. Bought a laptop E5-575-33BM on 1/9/18 on Amazom. Trying to register and both serial #/SNID shows that it is already registered. Did a chat session with Gerald V stating the issue and he wrote that the he sees where the laptop was purchased on 12/27/17, asked if I did any trouble shooting and disconnected when I said "no, I haven't". Then I called the support ppl with the issue and they took the info my name and number and disconnected the call. Leads me to believe that this laptop isn't new
  • iamlawst
    iamlawst Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have found several threads where folks have fought similar issues, but have not found 1 that provided any useful info. Fingers crossed and hope for the best I gues.

• dhmalm
    dhmalm Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am tyring to register my Acer Predator Galea 300 Headset. The seria lnumber/Snid states its invalid. Is this product not eligible for registration or where do i find the full 22 # serial number. Mine is only giving 20 and wont ask..
  • @dhmalm! Send a message to @Acer-Karp or @Acer Manny!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi dhmalm,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your Headset so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• annholt
    annholt Member Posts: 1 New User
    i cant register warranty on my new laptop says s/n is invalid
  • Send a private mensage for @Acer-Karp
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    edited April 2020
    annholt said:
    i cant register warranty on my new laptop says s/n is invalid

Can you please send me a PM with the image of the error so I can look into this for you?

You can also contact your local support for assistance https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• SCZab
    SCZab Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I bought my Acer Swift online and just received it yesterday.  I've been trying to register it online but when I entered the serial number or SNID, I was prompted that they are invalid.  Please help. Thanks
  • @Acer-Karp You can help the user @SCZab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    This is the usual behavior if you try to register in a different locale than you purchased from. Check to make sure you are on the right country.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    SCZab said:
    Hi, I bought my Acer Swift online and just received it yesterday.  I've been trying to register it online but when I entered the serial number or SNID, I was prompted that they are invalid.  Please help. Thanks

Can you please send me a PM with the serial number so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• AbhishekCarmelKurian
    AbhishekCarmelKurian Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am too facing the same problem. Shows snid and serial number are invalid. Just got the laptop only day before yesterday. That too from the acer e-store
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    I am too facing the same problem. Shows snid and serial number are invalid. Just got the laptop only day before yesterday. That too from the acer e-store
    I got your private message and have replied to it, please respond to me at your earliest conviniance.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny