Keyboard and Touchpad are Locked

ncn999
ncn999 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have SPIN13-513, 2 IN 1 Laptop. I found sometimes it well lock keyboard and touchpad in LAPTOP mode.I can't typeset anyone! I have to reboot machine. :'(
How can i unlock keyboard and touchpad?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS settings, go to Main tab and switch Touchpad mode to Basic, reboot and go back to BIOS settings, switch back Touchpad mode to Advanced, HTH.

• ncn999
    Wo,But my BIOS menu has not this "Touchpad mode:'(  BIOS is last version.
    Another problem is "System Time" incorrect
    How can i do?

• Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, select Properties and go to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• ncn999
    brummyfan2 
    Thank you! I do it as your reply. I will observe it.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Have you tried closing and opening the lid ?
  • ncn999
    brummyfan2 
    Today machine had locked "keyboard and touchpad" again :'(  mouse can use,so I can't typing anythine and "Fn+F7" to unlock"keyboard and touchpad"  :'(  .

padgett
    Now I can't into BIOS. I don't see "lid".
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited February 2018

OK, you need to enable the onscreen keyboard in "standard" mode with all of the keys available. If you have the Fall Creators Update (1709), with the mouse make a long right click on an empty space in the tray. From the menu select "Show Touch Keyboard button".

Now you can touch the button and display the default keyboard that does not have the "extra" keys. To get that press the "keyboard" button on the upper left. This will display a selection. You want the one that is on the left end of the top row:

Hope this works for you (earlier versions used settings>devices>typing then scroll down to "Add the standard keyboard..." and select that. Same method for adding the keyboard button to the task bar.)

ps will probably need to touch Fn then Alt then F7

• ncn999
    padgett  
    Tks! I will try it as your reply.
  • ncn999
    Today i want try your reply, BUT computer is all right :p:p
    i don't know why it is ok.  Will it bad again?  i am worrying