Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

ACER ASPIRE 5 A515-51G-53MR Wifi network issue

TowhidTowhid Posts: 2Member New User
My laptop is having connectivity issues with my Wifi.
 Everyone's phones stays connected just fine & even the other laptops.
 However, my laptop wants to be difficult.
It doesn't necessarily "disconnect" (atleast I don't think, because the connection symbol remains the same i.e. keeps showing full bars), but my web pages sometimes take very long to load, if at all.
A lot of times I'll be left with "this page could not be loaded," "could not connect to internet," or something similar while just literally 2 seconds ago everything was fine.
So it's sporadic. Sometimes I'll be okay for a few hours.
 Sometimes it's back to back issues.
So what do I do?

Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 6,814ACE Pathfinder
    Open Device Manager. Check for any red or yellow warning symbols. If none, click on network adapters and find out which wireless adapter you have, either Intel or Qualcomm Atheros. Then go to this link and download and install the latest wireless driver.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7244?b=1

Jack E/NJ

• TowhidTowhid Posts: 2Member New User
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Check for any red or yellow warning symbols. If none, click on network adapters and find out which wireless adapter you have, either Intel or Qualcomm Atheros. Then go to this link and download and install the latest wireless driver.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7244?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Hey, I actually updated the network driver. So it has the latest version of it.
    Thank you
  • JackEJackE Posts: 6,814ACE Pathfinder
    If it still happens, you might try uninstalling the driver from Device Mgr, then cold re-boot and let Windows auto re-detect the card and install what it wants. Jack E/NJ