Can't stay connected to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter due to WUDFHost.exe

Options
rejinald67
rejinald67 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Using Acer Switch Alpha 12 SA5-271 (i3-6100u, windows version 1709 build 16299.192), I am unable to sustain a connection to my  Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (latest edition, firmware updated). All my drivers according to windows update are updated. 

Connection lost due to low system memory. After troubleshooting and research, I've found that once i've connected, WUDFHost.exe uses the maximum amount of RAM available until it crashes and disconnects. This issue appears to persist in other computers with memory up to 16gb. 

I've tried a clean install of Windows 10 with no additional software installed, yielded the same results. Suspected to be something to do with Intel graphics maybe?`

Best Answer

• asrgindy
    asrgindy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    I have a Switch alpha 12 and had the same problem with Wireless display. I resolved the issue by downloading the Intel HD 520 drivers and force installing it over the manufacturer driver. If you try to install normally it will give an error. the trick is to fetch where the exe file is extracted in the windows temp folder and copy it somewhere else. then open device manager and click update the display adapter then click have disk and browse to the .inf file from the extracted exe from earlier.

Answers

• christy3752000
    christy3752000 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Try to increase the virtual memory settings and check if its working
  • rejinald67
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Try to increase the virtual memory settings and check if its working
    Tried that too, no luck :/
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does Device Mgr show other add-on devices or drives are active? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rejinald67
    Options
    JackE said:
    Does Device Mgr show other add-on devices or drives are active? Jack E/NJ
    The only other add-on device was my micro-SD card slot. I removed the card and it did not change the issue, even after restarting without the card inserted. 
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Do you have any virtual drives or other devices drivers listed under Device Mgr portable devices. If yes, temporarily disable them to see what happens. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rejinald67
    Options
    JackE said:
    OK. Do you have any virtual drives or other devices drivers listed under Device Mgr portable devices. If yes, temporarily disable them to see what happens. Jack E/NJ
    No virtual drives or additional device drivers listed under Device Mgr portable devices. This was a clean reset of Windows 10, and I did not install any other apps or drivers. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Follow this video to re-set the machine to a factory-fresh state. Don't wait for the ACER logo screen to appear, press the ALT key and start tapping F10 as soon as you push the power button to turn the machine on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuljT0a8F7I

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rejinald67
    Options
    JackE said:
    Follow this video to re-set the machine to a factory-fresh state. Don't wait for the ACER logo screen to appear, press the ALT key and start tapping F10 as soon as you push the power button to turn the machine on.

Jack E/NJ

That is how i originally reset it..
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes---but you also said >>>All my drivers according to windows update are updated. >>>

What we need to determine is if the issue persists in a factory-fresh state with NO updates.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• asrgindy
    asrgindy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    I have a Switch alpha 12 and had the same problem with Wireless display. I resolved the issue by downloading the Intel HD 520 drivers and force installing it over the manufacturer driver. If you try to install normally it will give an error. the trick is to fetch where the exe file is extracted in the windows temp folder and copy it somewhere else. then open device manager and click update the display adapter then click have disk and browse to the .inf file from the extracted exe from earlier.
  • JackE
    Options
    @asrgindy Thanks for your workaround. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rejinald67
    Options
    asrgindy said:
    Hello,
    It worked! Thank you all for the assistance!
  • JackE
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ