No sound coming from laptop or headphones

Options
toiletboy
toiletboy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I started up my computer and there was no sound coming from it when i was trying to listen to music.

When i open my sound menu there is no driver available and it says 'No audio devices are installed'.

I have uninstalled and installed Realtek drivers 2 times but that still doesn't work.

I have an Acer Aspire A515-51.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Options
     Go to Device Manager (start, type device) and click on Sound, video and game controllers. First, we want to make sure that there is no yellow or red exclamation point next to the sound devices. If there is, you might be missing a driver. Also right click on empty space in device manager and select hidden or disabled devices.

Go to Control Panel and then Sound. Click on the Playback tab and look for a device that has the label “speaker”. Choose it and then click on the Set Default button. 

To run the troubleshooter, select the 
    Start  button, type Troubleshoot, and then select Troubleshoot from the list of results. Select Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter.

These basically fix common sound and hardware problems on Windows PCs. It’ll save you some time in case it’s something simple.

If the above steps fail you need to check for a restore point when the audio was working fine.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • toiletboy
    Options
    Sharanji said:
     Go to Device Manager (start, type device) and click on Sound, video and game controllers. First, we want to make sure that there is no yellow or red exclamation point next to the sound devices. If there is, you might be missing a driver. Also right click on empty space in device manager and select hidden or disabled devices.
    I went to the Device Manager and there was a yellow triangle with and exclamation point in it at 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. What do i do now?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Right click and uninstall the 'Realtek High Definition Audio' driver. Download and install the driver in this weblink https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8224_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636420059975517500&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20A515-51&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Restart the computer and if no audio, run the 
    Troubleshoot and post back the results here
  • toiletboy
    Options
    Went to sleep after my last post and woke up to see that i have sound again now.
  • Xwhooshx
    Xwhooshx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem but before finding this post I tried plugging headphones to see if they worked. The result was the laptop rebooted itself and sound worked fine and is still working after a week