How can I install Predator Sense on my G6?

HaZarDPrime
HaZarDPrime Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just got my G6 today, I haven't had any previous experience with it. I Googled how I could customize my keyboard and mouse lighting and the results said to install Predator Sense. So, I attempted the download, however, when I launched setup.exe, it failed and gave me an error message saying "Sorry! This operating system is not supported". When the employee sold me the G6 he told me it came with free Windows 10 S, I was wondering how I could install Predator Sense onto my G6 without any errors. Thanks.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Can you post the model number of your device? 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• HaZarDPrime
    ven98 said:
    Can you post the model number of your device? 
    Sure, it's a Predator G3-710

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited January 2018
    Did you buy this laptop brand new? Windows 10 S is not the version that is preloaded onto the Predator laptops.

You have to have the factory Windows Home to be able to use PredatorSense.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • HaZarDPrime
    Did you buy this laptop brand new? Windows 10 S is not the version that is preloaded onto the Predator laptops.

You have to have the factory Windows Home to be able to use PredatorSense.

Skelo
    I seem to have mis-said some things, I accidentally placed this question into the laptop category, it's a Predator G3 Desktop. I also realised that it is in fact the factory Windows Home that's been installed onto my computer, however, for some reason I still cannot install Predator Sense.
  • HaZarDPrime
    *ATTENTION* MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN FIXED, I NOW HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE MY KEYBOARD AND MOUSE LIGHT SETTINGS, YES THEY ARE THE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE THAT YOU'RE GIVEN WITH YOUR PURCHASE
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    To install predator sense, you need the original copy of windows which the pc came first with. It is a customized windows by Acer, without which Predaror Sense can't recognise your PC.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• HaZarDPrime
    Guys, I've figured it out, I just can't figure out how to set macro keys because when I open Predator Sense all that shows up is a picture of my G3 computer, the cpu stuff and the fan speed stuff, along something called "Growl Lights".
  • hcripe
    hcripe Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just bought a G6-720 system and I'm having the exact same problem. In the keyboard manual it shows a windows program to manage the keyboard, and I'm assuming it is part of the Predator Sense software, but like HaZarDPrime, there is nothing on the Predator Sense screen to allow keyboard management. I downloaded the latest Sense software from Acer, but it didn't make a difference.

I also can't register my computer - Acer can't find my serial number or SNID when trying to register it. Acer gave me a support ticket number to call them back about this so I hope to get this resolved this week.