My screen flashes in 1 second intervals from normal to grey/pixelated. Can it be fixed.

Jaad09
Jaad09 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Screen flashes in 1 second intervals from normal to grey.  It works fine when using other display or tv.  What's the issue with the display?  

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you are still in warranty go ahead and have Acer fix it. If you're out of warranty then some Google sleuthing will find you instructions on how to tear the unit down so you can fully reseat the cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Hi Jaad09,
    It seems to be an issue with internal connectivity to the LCD screen. Try to reset your Chromebook to check the issue.
    You can reset your Chromebook to its original factory state from the sign-in screen by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R and clicking Restart

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jaad09
    Thanks for the reply.  Is their a chance doin the reset will fix the connection to LCD Screen? 
  • Jaad09
    It's still doing the same thing I think it is an issue with connection.  Any other ideas other than trying to reconnect the LCD?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you are still in warranty go ahead and have Acer fix it. If you're out of warranty then some Google sleuthing will find you instructions on how to tear the unit down so you can fully reseat the cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.