Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Key differences between the base model G3-571-77QK and the 300$ older brother G3-572-72YF?

alphamanalphaman Posts: 2Member New User
edited January 13 in Predator Laptops
I did some reasearch and found out that the upper version gets the original Metal AeroBlade fan over the plastic ones, and we also get a 1TB HDD with 72YF.
What else ?
What else makes it cost 300$ extra?
I'm not quite sure about this but I read it on some post online that the base version doesn't allow overclocking the gpu.
Is it true>?

Best Answer

• ven98ven98 Posts: 1,780ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    You have the right information. G3-572 has metal fans and supports gpu overclocking, unlike G3-571.
    And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

I am not an Acer employee!

Answers

• ven98ven98 Posts: 1,780ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    You have the right information. G3-572 has metal fans and supports gpu overclocking, unlike G3-571.
    And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

I am not an Acer employee!
  • alphamanalphaman Posts: 2Member New User
    So I followed this post (acer-predator-helios-300-g3-571-overclocking), what's the verdict?
    Should I prefer the base model and hope that I figure out some way to overclock it?
    This would be my first gaming laptop,
    The laptop I own supports overclocking with the AMD overdrive set.
    Or suggest me another laptop in this range.
    If I'm paying the extra 300 bucks, should I go with

Eluktronics P650HP6 ?

• adamo000adamo000 Posts: 26Member Enthusiast
    Maybe try Lenovo Legion y720-15. I don't think that overclocking method for Helios G3-571 will be discovered.  You have to edit bios but it will probably make G3-571 very expensive brick.