Black screen only and doesn't boot ( Acer Aspire R14 (r5-471t-534x)

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. Disconnnect the coin cell again. Also disconnect battery pack & charger. Then look around the coin cell connectors on the mainboard for two side by side solder bumps that are labelled Jxxx2001. Short the two solder bumps with a screwdriver for about 10 seconds. Then, for good measure, also short the coin cell terminals on the mainboard for another 10 seconds. Then button everything back up including the covers. Try to turn it on again. If still no joy, then we still have another bit more agressive option to try to wake this thing up. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• ArthurTheBear
    ArthurTheBear Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    OK. Disconnnect the coin cell again. Also disconnect battery pack & charger. Then look around the coin cell connectors on the mainboard for two side by side solder bumps that are labelled Jxxx2001. Short the two solder bumps with a screwdriver for about 10 seconds. Then, for good measure, also short the coin cell terminals on the mainboard for another 10 seconds. Then button everything back up including the covers. Try to turn it on again. If still no joy, then we still have another bit more agressive option to try to wake this thing up. Jack E/NJ 
    I see a lot of JPxxxx but none is J2001. I did short coin cell terminals, no result
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    Did you happen to measure the coin cell voltage? Should be about 3.1v. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ArthurTheBear
    ArthurTheBear Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Did you happen to measure the coin cell voltage? Should be about 3.1v. Jack E/NJ
    No, I haven't measured it, but I guess should be fine - laptop was in use for only a year and those coin cell last much longer..