How to reformat ES 14 Laptop

Danniboi_25
Danniboi_25 Member Posts: 3 New User
editado julho 2023 em Arquivo de 2018
I accidentally deleted a registry key when removing trojan virus on my laptop computer and I forgot to create a system restore point prior. Now the computer won't boot to Windows anymore, unable to use the reset function and anything on the troubleshoot option.  Unable to access the eRecovery Management either. I can't find where to download a recovery file to create a bootable USB drive if possible. Any other advises will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Respostas

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    What is the operating system that you have?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Danniboi_25
    editado janeiro 2018
    Part #: NX.MZDSP.003

Hi Ven98, win10 also please see attached photo. Thanks!

[Edited to remove image with S/N, left part # instead - Acer-Jose]
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It is windows 10 home. Please remove the picture, as it contains sensible data.

You will have to re-install windows at this point. Please download the windows media installation tool for windows 10(requires to be done on a working PC and a USB flash drive, preferbly 16GB or more). Choose the version of windows 10 that you have on your laptop and downloaded. The downloaded file will be in .iso format.

Download rufus, plug your USB drive before running it.
    From the dropdown menu(located next to 'create bootable disk') select an 'ISO Image'. As partition scheme select 'GPT partition scheme for UEFI'. As file system select 'FAT 32'. Select your USB drive in the top section where 'Device' is.
    Press start and wait until the process finishes.
    Now you have a bootable windows 10 media, from which you can install windows.

Connect the USB drive to the laptop. Boot it up and press F12 to enter the boot menu(if it doesn't work turn off the laptop, boot it up again and press F2 to enter BIOS. From the 'BOOT' tab enable the F12 boot menu)and choose the USB drive as bootable device.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Danniboi_25
    That's what I thought lol thanks Ven98! Will update the thread for the result