How can i get my microphone working? Aspire R14

Jefrayn
Jefrayn Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I did install on my laptop a bluetooth speaker with microphone incorporated and after this the microphone on the laptop does not work any more. I even disconnected the speaker from my laptop and still not able to have a skype communication from my laptop as i can hear the caller but he can not hear me.
My Laptop is an Aspire R14 with touch screen 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Something might be wrong with your microphone settings.

1)  Go to Control panel, Click Hardware and Sound. Under Sound click Manage Audio Devices. Click the Recording tab.
    Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your microphone. Click on the relevant device to highlight it, The list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and look for green bars rising while you talk. Double-click on the device from the list. The Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levelstab. Drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number ’100′ is displayed beside it.

2) If still microphone is not working, follow these steps to use the Troubleshooting tool:
    In Windows, search for and open Troubleshooting.
    Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording, then click Next when the Recording Audio window opens. Click Next in the Recording Audio window.
    Select the device you would like to troubleshoot, click Next, then follow the on-screen instructions.
    If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

3) The other option is to uninstall and reinstall the audio driver from device manager.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• PandaLover69
    PandaLover69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So I just bought a new pair of earphones and I've been using them for 3 days perfectly and now my microphone doesn't work, even the built in microphone on my Acer Spin 5 doesn't work and I really need help immediatly