Is it possible to Downgrade a Bios ?

Options
DJNJ
DJNJ Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Is it possible downgrade Bios of a G9-791 (NX.Q09EM.012) ? 

I just installed The V-1.11 
But I want to know whether there's a safe way to roll back to 1.10 ?

Thanks in Advance!

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't roll back to previous version of BIOS.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• DJNJ
    DJNJ Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:

Thank you for taking your time to confirm. You helped to avoid a mistake I was about to make which would've resulted in irreversible damage.

As I asked in the other thread, any clue why my rams stopped working after this update?
  • ven98
    Options
    I suspect it is a compatibility issue between the RAM and the new BIOS, that I am not sure about, hence I didn't comment on your first post. There is one thing you can try and it is to reset battery. Disconnect the laptop from AC adapter, turn it off and follow these instructions. After pressing the switch inside the reset pinhole, leave the laptop to rest for about 15-20 minutes. Connect back the AC and power on the device.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Alexscended
    Alexscended Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    DJNJ said:
    ven98 said:

Thank you for taking your time to confirm. You helped to avoid a mistake I was about to make which would've resulted in irreversible damage.

As I asked in the other thread, any clue why my rams stopped working after this update?
    Yes you can! If you need to downgrade.. You need to get the orignal files extracted by the .exe when you run the flashing utility, they are located in your personal temp in Windows.

1. Just run the regular .exe of any bios version you want to downgrade to
    2. While the window is open displaying the error of 'Your version is newer cannot flash blah blah'. Open File explorer and go to your user accounts temp folder of Windows, as described on the link. And find a folder starting with '7z'. (This is the actual temporary extract location of the Insyde Flash utility.)
    3. Copy all files to a different location (Otherwise when you close InsydeFlash the temporary folder gets deleted automatically.)
    4. Then alter the 'Platform.ini' file by changing the Flags=2 or Flags=1 to Flags=under directly under [Bios_Version_Check]
    5. Then run the H2OFFT-W.exe with Insyde icon

Source: https://awesomedetect.com/cant-find-platform-ini-file-solved-bios-update/
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    Options
    DJNJ its possible but i dont recommend it its a complex procedure anyway theres no point in downgrading because what all the fixes that all previous bios versions had the latest has them  all and also its unusual to happen (it might happen) but if the downgrade fails in anyway during the flashing you have a bricked laptop anyway this thread had more than one and half year old and havent had any replies from the OP

Alexscended we do not recommend downgrading bios neither unlocking bios in any way please read the ACUA so do not post in open forum guides to what Acer doesnt support you are breaking the community rules if someone is interested in doing so at their own risk they should look for it themselves  outside the community so next time be carefull before you post something you might get your account removed/banned by breaking the user agreement rules also theres no point in posting in a thread with more than one and half year old

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/