Does anybody have an Aspire one HAPPY, Intel Atom N455, Qualified Vendor List for the RAM memory?

Options
kidd88
kidd88 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello!

I have an Aspire One Happy with Intel Atom N455 netbook and I want to upgrade its memory, but know only that it only supports maximum memory of 2GB.
Can somebody help me with an ACER approved Qualified Vendor List of SODIMMs?

Thank you very much!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can use just about any brand 2GB DDR3L 1600MHz or faster laptop sodimm from any vendor. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kidd88

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    You can use just about any brand 2GB DDR3L 1600MHz or faster laptop sodimm from any vendor. Jack E/NJ
    You mentioned "just about any brand" JackE and I can see your specifications for the memory, but I read on my current Sodimm that it is a 1 GB DDR3 1333 MHz, from ELPIDA, have also another 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz ELPIDA, from a 2 x 2 GB Sodimm DualChannel system and tried it but does not work, and also acquired an 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz Sodimm from Kingston but does not work. When I input my AO HAPPY S/N at ACER.COM's Support section for a Technical Specification list of details it first put me on the path of a 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz Sodimm, bought one, but did not even closed the netbook's case to try it when I saw that an 1333 MHz DDR3 Sodimm was factory installed. After then I tried the AO HAPPY with the mentioned Kingston Sodimm and it did not boot with. And I somehow kept my thinking on the 1066 MHz DDR3 Sodimm.
    Just because it is written on Acer.com's database for the AO HAPPY configuration I posses.

Thank you for your answer!

• JackE
    Options
    Go to crucial dot com for compatible upgrades. You can either enter your specific model or better yet, download their scanner just in case you got an odd happy. 8^) Crucial guarantees what's recommended will work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kidd88

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you!
  • Flod
    Flod Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but it is exactly the question I would like to ask. My Acer Aspire Happy2 is ridiculously slow. In fact I gave up trying to pose this question on it and resorted to my phone. I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me if an upgrade to 2GB (N455) would help. I use it only for emergencies so it is virtually empty and has had all the cleanups I can think of to try to improve things. Would be very grateful for any replies.
  • JackE
    Options
    If it's ***always*** been rediculously slow right from the time you first acquired it from the factory, then yes a 2GB module should speed things up noticeably. If not, a factory fresh reset using the ALT+F10 cold boot as shown in the video below should help considerably. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P8N0kMuvuo

Jack E/NJ

• kidd88

Tinkerer

Options
    I had "luck" and found a SODIMM compatible with my netbook configuration (see up).
    For those interessed: you can PrivateMessage me for details.
  • JackE
    Options
    kidd88hThanks for your update.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kidd88

Tinkerer

Options
    With pleasure!