My laptop Acer E5-575 is very slow, please help me with this issue?

Bob061
Bob061 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire E15 series laptop, I want to know what is the solution to the slowness of my Windows 10? Because every time I open a file it crashes or freezes. Please recommend any solution to this problem?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK. An automatic Win10 update is probably responsible. So open Control Panel. Search "restore point". On the left, click on "restore machine to earlier date" or somethng similar. On the box that pops up you will probably find that Win10 update created a restore point just before this freezing or crashing started. Try to restore your system to that restore point. You will lose any files or personal that your created after that time so you should probably back those up before you try to restore. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Do you know the approximate date the machine started crashing or freezing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bob061
    Bob061 Member Posts: 3 New User
    It started around 27th December 2017JackE said:
    Do you know the approximate date the machine started crashing or freezing? Jack E/NJ
    JackE said:
    JackE said:

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK. An automatic Win10 update is probably responsible. So open Control Panel. Search "restore point". On the left, click on "restore machine to earlier date" or somethng similar. On the box that pops up you will probably find that Win10 update created a restore point just before this freezing or crashing started. Try to restore your system to that restore point. You will lose any files or personal that your created after that time so you should probably back those up before you try to restore. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ