Acer Aspire E15 Keeps Dying Even When Over 50% Charged

Dia23
Dia23 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
This has been happening for a while. If I am at school, the laptop won't charge at all, and will stay at 0% even if charged for over an hour. And now, when i'm home the laptop will die even with 60% battery sometimes. I am not sure why it is doing this, and it keeps happening so I basically have to keep it charged at all times. It doesn't restart, or turn off and back on; it just dies, and i have to charge it in order for it to turn back on. Sometimes when it dies at over 50% battery, it will turn back on with no battery. I have no idea why, please help its only a year old

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can try resetting the battery. Disconnect the laptop from AC power adapter, turn it off and follow the instructions. After pressing the switch inside the battery reset pinhole, leave the laptop to rest for about 15minutes before powering it on.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!