Upgrading e5-575-53xh to 1080p?

Options
Thejoe778
Thejoe778 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help with upgrading the 1366x768 panel to a 1080p panel, is it possible and if so what panel would i need ?
Any help is appreciated 

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here are some displays to which you can upgarde, but 100% likely to fit:
    AUO B156HTN03.8
    InnoLux N156HGE-EAL
    InnoLux N156HGE-EAB

I doubt the voltage being and issue. Your laptop has 30pin eDP connector and the displays I wrote have 30pin eDP port. What can be an issue is that FHD displays require to be connected via 2-lane eDP connector and because your device is with 768p screen, the eDP connector is likely to have only 1-lane, which won't work. You might have to purchase a 2-lane eDP connector, if the one in your device is only 1-lane.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here are some displays to which you can upgarde, but 100% likely to fit:
    AUO B156HTN03.8
    InnoLux N156HGE-EAL
    InnoLux N156HGE-EAB

I doubt the voltage being and issue. Your laptop has 30pin eDP connector and the displays I wrote have 30pin eDP port. What can be an issue is that FHD displays require to be connected via 2-lane eDP connector and because your device is with 768p screen, the eDP connector is likely to have only 1-lane, which won't work. You might have to purchase a 2-lane eDP connector, if the one in your device is only 1-lane.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!