Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Nitro 5 turning off randomly while not charging

TombakekTombakek Posts: 1Member Newbie
edited April 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello,
My Acer Nitro 5 shuts off whenever it wants when it's not charging. I don't play games, watch high quality videos or anything. Please help me.

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins before starting again.
     https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • Oleg8000Oleg8000 Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

It did not help to me, still unexpected shut downing while on battery .

Notebook: Nitro AN515-51
    BIOS: 1.10 (newest version)
  • MegajonernMegajonern Posts: 4Member New User
    I contacted Acer Support (Norway) a few days ago, they told me that it might be a BIOS problem, they told me to upgrade to the newest BIOS config and call them if the problem persisted, and so far, not happened again. I see you have BIOS 1.10, the same as mine, I suggest upgrading to BIOS 1.13

Tinkerer

Tightening the screws solved my problem.
  • CKyojinCKyojin Posts: 4Member New User
    @Oleg8000 did u like tighten all the screws?? like really tight... i also have the same problem of randomly shutting down when my Nitro5 is not charging so just wanted to clarify that. Hope to see your answer soon.
    i tried tightening all the screws but after i did that the bottom part started giving some low creeking noice.

Tinkerer

@CKyojin
    Did tighten all screws slightly - without strength. All became working perfectly, without any noise.
  • turkinoturkino Posts: 17Member Troubleshooter
    I'm having the same problem, and made a post here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/538645/how-to-fix-acer-nitro-an515-15-turning-off-unexpectedly-problem

Exactly what screws did you tighten? Outside screws? Internal screws?

• turkino said:
    I'm having the same problem, and made a post here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/538645/how-to-fix-acer-nitro-an515-15-turning-off-unexpectedly-problem

Exactly what screws did you tighten? Outside screws? Internal screws?

Hi,
    There's a micro switch which disconnects the battery when you open the RAM cover, if it's not making proper contact when you close the cover, it may disconnect the battery, so you should tighten the screw at right level, ie hand tight.

I tightened all the screws, specially the one of the RAM cover. Also, last week I did a reset to the battery through the battery reset pinhole. I will keep you posted.
    Oleg8000 said:
    @CKyojin
    Did tighten all screws slightly - without strength. All became working perfectly, without any noise.
    You tightened he back board screws right?
    Or u opened the whole thing and screwed it all?

Tinkerer

CKyojin said:

Right - only all back outside screws.
    Oleg8000 said:
    CKyojin said:

Right - only all back outside screws.
    Ok... thank you... did u screw all of it with the same strength or did u tighten the RAM screw tightly

Tinkerer

@CKyojin
    Screwed all of them with the same reasonable strenght. Do you ask because screwing is not help to you?
    edited February 2018
    Since I did the battery reset and tightened all the screws, I have not experienced again my computer turning off unexpectedly. In my personal opinion, I think that tightening the screws solved the problem, it has more sense. Saying that, this week I have experienced a BSoD that I think is unrelated to this thread, so I made another thread about this problem:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/539678/bsods-due-to-qcamain10x64-sys

Thank you all for your help!

Oleg8000 said:
    @CKyojin
    Screwed all of them with the same reasonable strenght. Do you ask because screwing is not help to you?
    Nope i'm worried that if i screw it too tightly i might ruin the motherboard... it works perfectly for me now.

• KiKoSKiKoS Posts: 6Member New User
    Can anyone tell me if it's still fixed and what they did because i'm facing the same problem and nothing seems to work for my laptop.
  • joeybones001joeybones001 Posts: 3Member New User
    Mine is doing the same! Has anyone figured the right fix?
  • PMARCZIDPMARCZID Posts: 3Member New User
    is this really an issue of this laptop bcuz im having the same problem.
  • 0den0den Posts: 1Member New User
    Tombakek said:
    Hello,
    My Acer Nitro 5 shuts off whenever it wants when it's not charging. I don't play games, watch high quality videos or anything. Please help me.

It will RAM problem. Change new problem