Z3-710 Lost USB and touchscreen drivers with latest Win 10 update

Geek123
Geek123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
So on Dec 13, 2017 my Acer Aspire Z3-710 all in one downloaded and installed the Win 10 fall creator update.  After the update all of the USB drivers and touchscreen driver stopped working leaving me a Keyboard and Mouse that does not work or anything put in a USB dead as a door nail.
When booting I can go into BIOS and the keyboard works but changing anything is useless as once I exit BIOS the USB stops working.  
I have the CD-RW that works it loads the CD, but without a Keyboard or Mouse it is useless.
Factory reset or manually choosing a image drive fails.  It will allow me the first mouse click or keyboard enter, but then they stop working.
Any Any Any help please.  Next step is buying a copy of windows and hoping it will install enough drivers to  help me get this paperweight back to a computer.

A little side note 2 other computers that have, had the famous Win 10 Fall creator update lost video drivers.  Lucky with the keyboard and mouse i was able to update drivers.

a quick recap no USB or touchscreen drivers work outside BIOS
Thank you in advance for any help

Answers

• Geek123
    Geek123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Solved the problem!!!

When USB and touchscreen drivers I had assumed that the USB 3 drivers didn't work.

As a last try before buying a new windows install I put a recovery disk on a thumb drive and put it in the 3.0 slot and booted up.

I really thought I did try the 3.0 slots, and maybe didn't have the right software on the thumb drive and wrote them off too.
  • Deeveeo
    Deeveeo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hello! I'm so glad I found your post! Could you kindly tell me hoe exactly you solved your issue?

Thank you in advance!
  • Deeveeo
    Deeveeo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Geek123 said:
    Solved the problem!!!

When USB and touchscreen drivers I had assumed that the USB 3 drivers didn't work.

As a last try before buying a new windows install I put a recovery disk on a thumb drive and put it in the 3.0 slot and booted up.

I really thought I did try the 3.0 slots, and maybe didn't have the right software on the thumb drive and wrote them off too.
    I totally meant to quote your post earlier but I'm a newbie... :/