I keep getting a black screen and losing power on my keyboard on my Predator G3-710. I need help!

Punchwood
Punchwood Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I recently purchased a Predator G3-710 desktop PC and it's specs are amazing. I have successfully set up my PC but seem to have a reoccurring problem with my computer; the fan gets loud, the monitor goes black, my keyboard looses power, and I can't do anything. I'm wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem and wouldn't mind sharing their process of fixing the computer. The PC is brand new and is in mint condition. It works very well when it doesn't do this, but I can't seem to find a solution to fixing this error. Please, any help is appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    can you please report your BIOS version?
    windows logo + r keys
    type
    msinfo32

report BIOS date verison
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • meneedlowping
    meneedlowping Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    IronFly said:
    windows logo + r keys
    type
    msinfo32

report BIOS date verison
    HELLO! I am having a very similar issue with the predator G3 710 desktop model. If I leave the computer running idle for about 20+ minutes sometimes the keyboard and mouse will loose power and disconnect for a few seconds for absolutely no reason.& mind you the computer is New, this is with cpu at 1% and ram usage at 2%. So morning sure why this usb happening. The BIOS I am currently at is BIOS version: R02-A2
  • meneedlowping
    ^^ wow I had a few typos there. The last sentence should read ”So I’m not sure why this is happening”
  • meneedlowping
    IronFly said:
    download the latest BIOS:

why would I get the bios update from that link when every acer desktop comes with ACer care center and has the bios available to download from there? and what will updating the bios version do? All you did was suggest to download it from that link with no end result information. There are questions like “is this new bios stable? does it improve any performance of the computer ? will this bios create new problems after downloading?” Thank you for responding btw. Although I see your suggestion, no information following it up gives back us very little to work with.
  • meneedlowping
    Also does anyone know if the bios update will even fix the usb power going out? that is the issue we are seeing is the usb power failing or something which causes the MnK to become unresponsive and shut off for a period then come back on. 
  • IronFly
    edited January 2018
    You can find this BIOS going to Acer support service website by yourself and read the few changelogs available.

Acer care center is well know to not always report correctly new BIOS or drivers.

As always up to you.
  • Punchwood
    Punchwood Member Posts: 2 New User
    IronFly said:
    windows logo + r keys
    type
    msinfo32

report BIOS date verison
    Sorry it has taken me so long, but here is the bios

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. R02-A2, 3/17/2017

• IronFly
    Try to update the BIOS from my previous post
  • SnoopyK
    SnoopyK Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought a new G3-710 on 26.12.17. I experienced the very same issue as described above. I contacted Acer Support and they were going to arrange for it to be collected by a courier and sent to Sydney (I live in Brisbane). In explaining the issue the support person stated they never received such an issue before. They said they would immediately do a factory reset. I questioned that as in my spare time it took 2 weeks to load everything. So I took it to Harvey Norman and complained and then I took delivery of a second G3-710. 

Since then I have had the same problem I have asked for the PC to be looked at without being wiped clean because I have loaded two PCs now taking so, so long. I have no answer and I am so frustrated having explain the issue over and over again. Given the chance I would take a refund or a different brand of PC. I hope someone from Acer sees this post and can help.
  • Victorfilm
    Victorfilm Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey, everyone:

This is the third time I am having this issue. I am really upset right now. I am in the middle of a big project and now it will be delayed once again! I purchased this computer at Costco on January 2017 and months later I had to ship to Acer to get this fixed. February 2018, I called once again about the same issue, and luckily they were able to help me fix it. Then just 3 months later!! I'm sending the unit back again for repair.

I've owned many computers in the last 20 years: Sony, Toshiba, MSI, HP, and I have never had this issue before. I'm really disappointed with this computer. NEVER again will I buy an Acer computer. All I want is to get my money back. The only great thing about this experience is their excellent customer service. This is what I get for going with a cheap brand.

If you just bought any computer from this brand, just return it and get your money back while you still can. Go with the better brands: Sony, HP, etc. Avoid the headache. You've been warned. You're welcome.

-Victor  :s