SD Card Reader Not Working

johat
johat Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi
I have an Aspire ES 15 ES1-523-28GQ laptop.  I have inserted an SD card and nothing happens!  How do I play it please??
I am useless with computers so please tell me in '***** terms' :-)
Thanks in advance ....

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    If it's a blank SD card then nothing should happen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• johat
    many thanks for your reply but there are pics on there.  i have tried two or three but nothing happens.  In the devices and drives section it only mentions the c drive and the cd d drive.  Doesn't mention the card reader at all?
  • JackE
    Remove the card from the slot. Then open File Explorer. Then push the card back into the slot, make sure it latches. What happens in File Explorer? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• johat
    done that and pushed it in as far as it will go and nothing!
  • JackE
    Search for and open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings with the card in and out? May sound silly but is the card inserted right side up? Also can you read the card OK on another computer? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• johat
    My daughter just came over and she has re-installed the device driver and now working great.  thanks for much for your help and time :-)
  • JackE
    Good going! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• THEDOGSS
    THEDOGSS Member Posts: 3 New User
    guys I got the same problem and cant fix it I got a aspire f 15 f5-573g-334g 
  • JackE
    thedogss>>>cant fix it >>>

Has it ever worked? If yes, when was the last time it worked and what have you tried so far to fix it? Jack E?NJ

Jack E/NJ

• THEDOGSS
    THEDOGSS Member Posts: 3 New User
    hi JackE and no I have never used it b4 had the laptop for about 3 months and its the first time ive tried to use it 
  • JackE
    OK, if you haven't done so already, open Device Manager. Do you see any yellow or red warning icons for any device? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Waffa33
    Waffa33 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all, 

I have an Acer Aspire E5-511and the SD card does not read it. It used to before but it has been a few years since I last tried.

Can you help me please ? 
  • JackE
    Try blowing out the SD card slot to remove any dust and debris that might've accumulated inside. If it still doesn't read, check the SD card  in another computer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ