Acer Aspire A717-71G IPS or TN

Options
Halideum
Halideum Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello there! I am going to buy one of the three following computers and i would really like to know about the matter of there being an IPS or TN screen on each of them, as this spec is somewhat unclear on this model.

Acer Aspire A717-71G-5269

Acer Aspire A717-71G-58F0

Acer Aspire A717-71G-58U3

As i understand it, most of the A717 models come with an IPS screen but some have a TN?

Regarding the hard drive storage on those computers; there is an extra slot to install a second HDD/SSD, right? I have heard that there is no bracket or cable included for doing such a thing. Can those be ordered from Acer if needed?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I think it is best to ask the retailer you are planning to purchase the laptop from about whether the laptop has a TN or IPS panel.

If there isn't bracket and cable in the drive bay, you can order these from Acer.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Halideum
    Halideum Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    I think it is best to ask the retailer you are planning to purchase the laptop from about whether the laptop has a TN or IPS panel.

If there isn't bracket and cable in the drive bay, you can order these from Acer.
    I have asked several retailers about it, but neither of them had that information in their database. That is why i turned to you, the producer of the computer, since i though it would be sensible that you knew about it..

Also, would it be cheap or expensive to get those extra parts if i live in Europe?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    It isn't expensive. You can contact Acer in your region and ask about the price of the mounting kit.

I am not an Acer employee.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!