ACER AT3-715A-UR12 integrated driver ports disabled?

Options
qwerty98
qwerty98 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
This pc is a Intel Core i7 6700 and I tried to download the integrated graphics drivers for this pc. When I ran the setup.exe, it gave me an error saying that the computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. 

So far, I have been unsuccessfully able to install integrated intel graphic drivers on this PC.  any solution will help

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2017
    Options
    On most Acer Intel desktops, when you insert a graphics card in to the PCIe x16 slot, it automatically disables the Intel graphics on the CPU.

If you remove your graphics card, it will automatically re-enable the Intel graphics chip.

To update the Intel graphics driver, usually it's best to do it from device manager by allowing it to automatically search from the web.

Using the generic exe from Intel's driver website almost never works.  Sometimes you can update it manually to the latest driver using either of the two Intel manual update methods.

Method1:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Method2 (have disk method):

------------------------------------------------------------------
       Microsoft Windows* "Have Disk" Installation 
    1.  Download the latest driver from Intel (download the zip file---not the exe file) and extract/unzip it.
    2.  Go to "Device Manager". 
    3.  Expand "Display adapters" and double-click the graphics controller.
    4.  In the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".
    5.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
    6.  Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    7.  Click "Have Disk..." and click "Browse".
    8. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you 
        downloaded, click the "Graphics" folder, and select the
        "igdlh64.INF" file. Click "Open".
    9. Click "OK" and click "Next". The operating system will install 
        the driver.
    10. Click "Close" and click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now 
        be loaded. 

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    your model has an additional GPU (Radeon) and the iGPU (integrated GPU) is disabled on BIOS option and can't be enabled.
  • qwerty98
    qwerty98 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JordanB said:
    On most Acer Intel desktops, when you insert a graphics card in to the PCIe x16 slot, it automatically disables the Intel graphics on the CPU.

If you remove your graphics card, it will automatically re-enable the Intel graphics chip.

To update the Intel graphics driver, usually it's best to do it from device manager by allowing it to automatically search from the web.

Using the generic exe from Intel's driver website almost never works.  Sometimes you can update it manually to the latest driver using either of the two Intel manual update methods.

Method1:

Method2 (have disk method):

Microsoft Windows* "Have Disk" Installation 
    1.  Download the latest driver from Intel (download the zip file---not the exe file) and extract/unzip it.
    2.  Go to "Device Manager". 
    3.  Expand "Display adapters" and double-click the graphics controller.
    4.  In the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".
    5.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
    6.  Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    7.  Click "Have Disk..." and click "Browse".
    8. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you 
        downloaded, click the "Graphics" folder, and select the
        "igdlh64.INF" file. Click "Open".
    9. Click "OK" and click "Next". The operating system will install 
        the driver.
    10. Click "Close" and click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now 
        be loaded. 

IronFly said:
    your model has an additional GPU (Radeon) and the iGPU (integrated GPU) is disabled on BIOS option and can't be enabled.

Would you two happen to know if I can switch the graphics card out for a better one? 

I noticed that the AMD RX480 4GB Refernece card barely leaves any room for the sata ports. I'm quite worriedsome that the GPU might block the two sata ports. And if the iGPU is disabled and can't be enabled, then what happens if the graphic card stops functioning? 
  • IronFly
    Options
    You can check by yourself, pull out the GPU and see what happens.

On most desktops, the i GPU is not even selectable on BIOS if you GPU broke but...who knows?
  • JordanB
    Options
    @qwerty98

I have an Acer Intel desktop.  All Acer Intel CPUs have a graphics chip on the CPU.  On my Acer computer, the Intel graphics chip is automatically enabled when I remove my discreet graphics card.

I think @IronFly might possibly be confusing your Acer/Intel computer with an AMD Ryzen that doesn't have a graphics chip on the CPU. ???

• IronFly
    Options
    not at all @JordanB
    some Acer desktops BIOS even with an Intel CPU can't select the iGPU, since the option is BIOS locked. 
  • JordanB
    Options
    @IronFly

Yeah, there's no selection in BIOS.  It's all done automatically.....as far as I know.  
  • IronFly
    Options
    JordanB said:
    @IronFly

Yeah, there's no selection in BIOS.  It's all done automatically.....as far as I know.  
    nope...at least not in all the desktop models.
  • JordanB
    Options
    Ok.  On his t3-715a, he has a display port and an HDMI port on his mainboard for presumably his Intel HD 530 graphics chip that is on his i7 6700.

And of course we know his graphics card has HDMI and triple DP.

I guess Acer will have to send me T3-715a for me to confirm.  ;)

I am willing to bet you an ice cream cone that I am right.  I'm also willing to bet you a dollar that I win that ice cream cone.  ;)