Aspire V5-131 battery problem.

Options
Vampire
Vampire Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
Dear men and women,

I hope that I find solution here, becouse I am hopeless.
I own Aspire V5-131 about 4 years, but this is no my main computer. 

My problem is, that my laptot is OK, my charger is OK and my battery is OK. But  all together - not OK.

Details of problem:

Few years ago, I had problem with my battery - both of light on laptot blinked.. And that was "plugged in - not charging" problem.. Sloution what helped me was: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/151407/0-available-plugged-in-not-charging-acer-aspire-5830tg
I had this problem 2-3 times and this solution was perfect everytime.

Now - 2 months before I had similar problem, but that was not "plugged in - not charging".. If battery is inside laptop and AC plug is also connected - battery drains no matter what, It is not charging.. So I cannot turn on my laptop, when battery is inside.. Battery won't charge, when laptop is turned off and AC plug is connected..
I used to enjoy my laptop without battery.. on the table on the same spot.. 
Sometimes when I moved the cable - even like a feather.. Laptot turned off immediately.. So I used to fix the cable and not move with it... But I noticed, that laptot is turning off sometimes without moving the cable.. Sometimes becouse I connected to USB port a speaker, sometimes for no reason.. When laptot was turned off by this causes, I could not start it after usually.. Sometimes I waited and then I could turn on.. Sometimes I needed to disconnect AC plug and wait.. Sometimes I needed to switch 230V socket, sometimes I needed to put battery inside and then pull out without starting, sometimes I needed to start it - 5s after start laptot turned off automatically, then I pulled out battery and then I could start it on again..

Once I found tutorial how to fix black screen - my friend have same laptot, but he is not using becouse of black screen problem - and there was solution, that update to Windows 10 was cause of that problems.. So I tried to get factory settings on my laptop.. During the proccess member of my family moved with the cable - so laptop turned off and when I turned on - everything was same - my files, etc.. same.. But with one change - battery worked again! So I enjoyed few days, that I can move with my laptop.. Battery was OK for few hours without charger.. I was happy.. But problem came again from nothing.. Now I am desperate again.. I spend so many hours of finding solution. I am not best googler. I could borrow battery of my friend, but I think there is not problem in battery..

Sorry for my English.
Thanks for every response.

George

Answers

• Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Fixed - all the time was problem in the charging cable or charging box