When does the switch 7 black edition release in Canada?

JAugustine
JAugustine Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives
i am very interested in the product.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I'm interested too, though it's a bit pricey. The press release says December for North America but I haven't seen it available yet. Heck, they still have a day!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Megacharge
    Megacharge Member Posts: 4 New User
    I am also curious when this releases. I want to see if thermal throttling is an issue or not. If it is not an issue and the price is reasonable (NOT $1700 USD) then I will buy it. But at that price, its too expensive and if it throttles, it's useless to me.
  • Megacharge
    Megacharge Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited January 2018
    I'm starting to think this thing is Vaporware. Heard its December, didnt show up, then January, now January is almost over and still no word about it.
  • The_Rurr_Jurr
    The_Rurr_Jurr Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm starting to think this thing is Vaporware. Heard its December, didnt show up, then January, now January is almost over and still no word about it.
    Yup. Something's up, for sure. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, really. Although maybe they took the time to fix the screen, which by all accounts was mediocre at best.  I think it's more likely the cooling tech is not living up to its promise. 
  • dstrauss
    dstrauss Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I agree with @The_Rurr_Jurr on this one - with my overheating experience on the much larger HP Spectre x360 15" with the MX150, I have to believe that the heat pipe system is not going to keep up with the processor/gpu without substantial throttling. I sure hope I'm wrong, because that would be an awesome feature set, but even the Samsung Notebook 9 Pen sticks with the Intel internal gpu over teh MX150, and it has more magnesium/aluminum alloy to help dissipate heat.