ACER Aspire E5-521-45BU deleted recovery a FAT partitions

Options
chelle_Aust
chelle_Aust Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, my family laptop is broken.    Started running incredibly slow after a Windows 10 upgrade several months ago, though it also had a virus.  I stupidly deleted the recovery partition and the contents of the FAT partition.  Thought, no worries, Ill boot from recovery disk. We have lost it.   I bought Windows 10 on USB, changed BIO settings to boot from USB first, made use setting were UEFI and boot the Windows 10 USB. I choose to start windows (64 or 32 bit behave the same), the windows logo appears with the circular dots - then... nothing.   I have connected it to an external HDMI monitor - no response.   We don't have a VGA cable to check with the monitor.  I have left it like this overnight, but nothing.    Help...

Answers

• chelle_Aust
    chelle_Aust Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also cant seem to order a recovery disk as the technical support website doesn't recognise the Serial Number or SNID of laptop
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Are you able to boot from the windows 10 USB?

For recovery media check by directly contact the Acer store representative : http://store.acer.com/
    Open the weblink by selecting the region and you will find the contact information.