High temperature on my Helios 300

Options
Marlonq_q
Marlonq_q Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Today I was playing Rainbow six siege on my brandnew acer predator Helios 300 PH317-51.
Then i realized my fans were pretty loud so i checked my predator sense and found out that my cpu temp was around 85-88 most of the time when i was playing...sometimes it hopped around
 and was at 60 again.
Is this temperature normal when playing such a game like rainbow six siege?
My bios is the latest Version and my nvidia Drivers are up to date.
Is there anything i can do to make my cpu Temperature lower?
I even undervolted it at -0.110
I dont want to repaste it though.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is an issue with Nvidia optimus technology and it happens when your device is running with the integrated graphics - intel hd graphics.

Here is a fix. Go to 3rd section Context menu/windows sluttering/freezing and click on spoiler. There you will find the fix.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Options
    You should set the fans at maximum speed while playing more demanding games(or buy a cooler pad if the fan noise disturbs you), because the fan curve that Acer has set isn't decent. You should pay attention to the average temperature.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Marlonq_q
    Options
    Ye i always let the Predator Sense be Open so i can Check the Temperature during the game...the fan noise doesnt Really disturb me but im kinda worried if the Temperature stays like this the Laptop wont even last a Year...
  • Skelomorph
    Options
    As long as temperatures never spike over 90C, I wouldn't worry about it. It is not the best to let the laptop run at those temperature 24/7, but it wont hurt for them to be that high when you are gaming. As @ven98 said, the other thing you can do is buy a laptop cooling pad to help improve airflow.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Marlonq_q
    Options
    Is there any coolingpad you guys can recommend?
  • ven98
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-Ultra-Slim-R9-NBC-XSLI-GP/dp/B005C31HC0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514614375&sr=8-3&keywords=cooler+master+cooling+pad

The cooling pad Skelomorph is using. You may not like it, so you can look at the other suggestions given by amazon. Generally any cooling pads will do, even if it is a passive(without fans) one.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Marlonq_q
    Options
    Okay...i have One last question...i just found sth Really Strange...when i dont have rainbow Six siege Open there is a sort of lag when I rightclick on my Desktop for example to create a new Folder.
    But when rainbow Six siege is Open it works like it Should and used to.
    Any suggestions how to fix This?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is an issue with Nvidia optimus technology and it happens when your device is running with the integrated graphics - intel hd graphics.

Here is a fix. Go to 3rd section Context menu/windows sluttering/freezing and click on spoiler. There you will find the fix.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Marlonq_q
    Options
    Thank you, it worked!