How do i "unblock" the second HDMI port on Predator G - 710 (AG3-710)?

Options
Feddisan
Feddisan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hi, i have a problem with my PC.
I just removed the plastic piece that was blocking the HDMI port.
But the port doesnt work at all? It's not the cables, i have tried them
The second monitor and the other one works on the HDMI port that didnt have the plastic "lid".
Niether of the monitors work in that second port.
Help please?

(i'm on windows 10)
(i have updated the drivers, still not working)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    which HDMI port are you talking about?
    the one on the GPU or the one on the Mainboard?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bestlion
    bestlion Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the predator G3 and I unblocked the motherboard hdmi port except it doesn't work and I need a double screen

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Typically the motherboard video is disabled when there's a graphics card installed. Which AG3-710-xxxx do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • acomputerguy
    acomputerguy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I believe the built in graphics are disabled in the BIOS, you can re-enable them in there and those slots should work.
  • TheCamSandwich
    TheCamSandwich Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    acercomputerguy I can't seem to find an option in the BIOS to enable it.
  • billsey
    Options
    I don't believe it's a BIOS setting with that model. If there's a graphics card installed the motherboard video is disabled. If you want to use dual monitors you need to have a card with twi ports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheCamSandwich
    TheCamSandwich Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sorry I'm not really into computers but what does that mean?  :/
  • billsey
    Options

That model came with a graphics card installed and the graphics connector on the motherboard blocked by a plastic cover. The original poster was asking why they couldn't get video out of the motherboard connector by simply prying the cover off. The motherboard supports either the onboard video or a graphics card, but not both at the same time. Acercomputerguy had thought there was a BIOS setting that allowed both to be used, but was mistaken.