I want turn off VT-x from BIOS and use advanced bios settings

Options
Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
i want this function before, since i use e1-572. Now, i use f5-573G - it's still use simple bios setting.
Because, i got some problem when update to the latest Windows 10 insider preview 17063 - and i know that turn off VT-x may help the update process do correctly.
Sorry, i'm not good in English.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    if the option is missing on BIOS, there's no way to do it and there's no advanced menu...at least if you don't mod the BIOS and this will break the warranty.

about VT-X and updates issue, i never heard about it but another user had issue on VT-X updating to insider 17063 but it's more a windows related bug; he fixed the issue with a good clean install instead of updating.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    IronFly said:
    if the option is missing on BIOS, there's no way to do it and there's no advanced menu...at least if you don't mod the BIOS and this will break the warranty.

about VT-X and updates issue, i never heard about it but another user had issue on VT-X updating to insider 17063 but it's more a windows related bug; he fixed the issue with a good clean install instead of updating.

Yep, i can clean install this build. But my Digital License is "Invalid" after i do that ?. 
    (Update progress is stuck at 52% and restart with Acer's logo only)
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    no way that can be "invalid" :D 
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You can read some post in Feedback hub apps. i have to clean install an older build and the license is back.
    (Sorry, i cannot share link or upload image here -with red alert "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." )