I cant get out of the preparing automatic repair ... tried the alt + F10 keys too still nothing.

Options
Prit149
Prit149 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Its going to the black screen nothing else i can do
I tried the heavy boot up by removing the battery nd all... but still nothing
My laptop is acer e1-571 windows 10 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited December 2017
    Options
    if you don't have personal data to recover*...it's time for a clean install, hoping it's not an HDD issue.

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    4) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

* you can try to backup your files using this trick from windows 10 installation media:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/135005/how-to-use-a-windows-installer-disc-to-back-up-your-files-when-your-computer-wont-boot/
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • juggy123
    juggy123 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    @Prit149

Try to perform force shutdowns, you might be leading to advance options.
    Try to perform PC Refresh- which will not remove any of your data but all the applications will be removed.
    If it doesnt comes to any of the advance options, try with altGR+F10