G SYNC on Predator Triton 700 1060 Edition

AbramAG
AbramAG Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, My laptop Triton 700 (PT715-51-761M) has in their description stated that it comes with G SYNC(https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/NH.Q2KAA.001 in tech specs). The problem is that in NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL  there is NO DISPLAY option to choose from therefore I cant activate G SYNC. I believe the problem is between the integrated graphics (Intel HD 630) and my Nvidia GPU ( GTX 1060 6GB). I tried finding a solution in the BIOS but it is very limited to what I can do there(Limited options), I have tried many drivers of Nvidia to see if that's the problem but it hasn't helped, I disabled INTEL iGPU in Device Manager but when I try to enter Nvidia Control Panel it says  "you are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU"  (Even though the GTX 1060 is the only activated GPU in Device Manager). Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited December 2017
    Your display should have G-sync. When you have G-sync you should not have intel hd graphics. If intergrated graphics(intel hd) is present then there is something wrong with the BIOS settings or with the way the screen is connected to the GPUs. G-sync displays don't support Nvidia optimus, so the G-sync display has to be connected to the Nvidia card only in order to have G-sync. "you are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU" means that the display isn't directly connected to the GPU, so G-sync won't be present even if the display supports it.

You should give Acer a call or contact your seller and ask for a replacement. I don't know whether this is a common issue, as you are the first triton 700 user having such an issue.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• qsnEWAmM
    qsnEWAmM Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I can confirm this is a thing as well. Bought a brand new triton 700, the version with gtx1060, and I have the exact same issue. Can not enable g-sync because apparently the laptop thinks that the display is connected directly to the intel chipset, instead of Nvidia chipset. I've literary tried everything I could think of, short of bios modding, to no avail. More info about this would be appreciated 
  • Junstar
    Junstar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Unfortunately, I don't think the GTX 1060 model comes with G-Sync.
  • judojack1
    judojack1 Member Posts: 8 New User
    I have a acer triton 700, pt715-51-732q, 32gb ram, (2)samsung 970 evo+ 1TB SSDs, gpu - nvidia gtx 1080. I am unable go into dark mode in display. it is grayed out. Is that normal?