Graphic card problem

Options
ClaudiuNecula
ClaudiuNecula Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have an Aspire E15, with the switchable AMD graphic cards R5M330 and an AMD R5 integrated. The first is a 2gb vram and the second 80mb. The problem is that every single video is played with a low resolution. Even if it is in 720p or 1080p. What should I do?

Answers

• Ceko
    Ceko Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have got one. And this morning it gave me graphic error. I needed to update it but when i updated it, all screen has been gone..
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options
    ClaudiuNecula---Open Control Panel. Search "Display Settings" without the quotes. Adjust to higher resolutions to suit your preferences. jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Ceko---What is your ACER model and number? Try pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds till machine completely shuts off. Then press the power button one time to turn the machine back on. Do you see the ACER logo screen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ClaudiuNecula
    edited December 2017
    Options
    it is an Aspire E 15 E5 523G-99M6, SNID 63910374476, and yes it is an Acer
  • JackE
    Options
    Did you try adjusting the resolution from Control Panel yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    yes, it is at 1920 x 1080, and no change to my problem. now the touchpad is not working enymore
  • JackE
    Options
    Open Device Manager. Does it show any device driver problems with a yellow or red warning sign? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    no. But something it's strange, on the laptop it says that the graphic card is m430 but windows find it to be a m330
  • JackE
    edited December 2017
    Options
    >>>I have an Aspire E15, with the switchable AMD graphic cards R5M330 and an AMD R5 integrated.>>>

You originally said m330. The E5 523G specs say m430.  Press the Windows key + the R key. Enter msinfo32. What does the display components menu say? Also, can you adjust the resolution of both adapters in control panel? Or right click on your desktop and see if you can select and adjust the m330 or m430 graphics resolutions from there. Finally, what specific videos are you trying to play --- are they DVD videos for TVs? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    Any kind of video I try to play will play with dithering images. I've tried different resolutions, best one is still 1920*1080.
  • ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    The integrated card runs with 80mb. Do you know if I could add more ram, like up to 512mb or 1gb?
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, the integrated card seems fixed. Did you test and adjust each card with the same video? If yes, what procedure did you use to select and adjust each card? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    There is no optionas available to select witch card you  want to use.
  • JackE
    Options
    ClaudiuNecula>>>I have an Aspire E15, with the switchable AMD graphic cards R5M330 and an AMD R5 integrated. >>>

Right click an empty space on the desktop. What do you see in the box that pops up? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    Dont you have an email adress were could I upload images?
  • JackE
    Options
    I don't need to see it. Is there an AMD graphics control center listed in the box? If yes, check options that are available in this control center. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    No, is just the amd app, but that don't have any option to select witch card to use, or at least to select some apps to use a specific card
  • ClaudiuNecula
    Options
    I don't have this options.
  • JackE
    Options
    Then I suggest that you try to download this software to automatically detect your graphics system and install the appropriate driver updates at the following AMD website. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ