No Driver Updates.

Options
adityarathee96
adityarathee96 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Since launch of the Predator 300, it has not seen any driver updates whatsoever. Acer should provide driver updates

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can download the latest drivers manually from the hardware manufacturers' websites(e.g Intel) or you can let windows automatically download and update them.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• adamo000
    adamo000 Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    For example, Intel Video Card can't be updated manually because, Intel detects that drivers are moded by Acer and automatically cancel installation. Manually choosing folder for update drivers via Device Manager dosn't work, because Device Manager dosn't sees them as update and still uses those from Acer.
  • adityarathee96
    adityarathee96 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    You can download the latest drivers manually from the hardware manufacturers' websites(e.g Intel) or you can let windows automatically download and update them.
    I know, I can do that but its the job of the OEMs to provide the updates. I have a cheaper HP laptop and even after 3.5 years of ageing, this model constantly receives driver and bios updates.