Aspire A717-71G disassembly procedure m2

Nonick_
Nonick_ Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, 
what is the disassebmly procedura for Aspire A717-71G?
There are 18 screws at the bottom, once removed the bottom cover doesnt want to lift up. Are there any additional screws that need to be removed?
Thank you in advance

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited December 2017 Answer ✓
    Here a pix. Don't worry about breaking off a catch or two. It'll make it easier to diassemble next time. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Nonick_
    There are some instructions for Predator Helios 300 https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46866
    Extended installation instructions - step 2: Insert a plastic pry tool on the left side, and work your way around the lower case to release the clips holding it in place. Completely remove the lower case when all of the clips have been released.
    Though this might not be identical for A717G.
  • Nonick_
    OK. so basically first thing is to remove HDD and RAM, then place the laptop with keyboard facing up and loose the the plastic catch corners. 
  • JackE
    edited December 2017 Answer ✓
    Here a pix. Don't worry about breaking off a catch or two. It'll make it easier to diassemble next time. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nonick_
    This is paradoxal, i can loosen all plastic catches except the first left one - (as shown on your picture). Theres a RJ-45LAN jack there, and it doesnt want to loosen up. Ill try again with a different plastic card.
  • JackE
    That's the one that should come off (or be broken off) first. I suspect that, with the other 3 corners lifted, that catch is getting hung up on something stuffed in that area. Perhaps you can slip a piece of paper in each of the 3 lifted corners so the catches don't re-catch, press them back together and see if the first catch can be released. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• Nonick_
    Operation successful! :) managed to loosen first clip - one finger nail broken, but it worked! Pulled the back cover off, installed m.2 SSD and returned everything in its place. Thank you very much for your help!
  • JackE
    Congrats. Now is the m.2 card recognised? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nonick_
    Yes, its WD Blue 250GB m2 2280 SATA SSD. Recognised in BIOS and working normally. Though i've tightened the ssd with M2 x 3mm screw (barely enough diameter to catch the grip on m2 plate), but seems to be tightened properly. 
  • JackE
    Don't need much. I suppose a small thin washer could be used if you're worried about it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nezz
    Nezz Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2018
    Is this how the socket for ssd looks like in this laptop? Isn't it PCIe M socket? So SATA ssd with M&B will not fit here, am I right?

• JackE
    That is an M.2 2280 slot for a PCIe/SATA co-lay SSD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nezz
    JackE said:
    That is an M.2 2280 slot for a PCIe/SATA co-lay SSD. Jack E/NJ

And this is for M-key only ssd, right? 
  • Nezz
    I installed samsung evo 960 m.2 PCIe ssd M-key and it working.
  • JackE
    >>>I installed samsung evo 960 m.2 PCIe ssd M-key and it working. >>>
    Congrats. Good job! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ