Problem with wifi on my Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-540E Laptop

Options
pista97
pista97 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I got problem with the drivers.I installed them from official site but still nothing to appear.I had drivers but just after one day i turned on my laptop i can not connect to the wifi and search for available networks...

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, right click the WiFi card and find the driver version and post here, also the make of your WiFi card.
    In the meantime, go to settings(click start and select the wheel), Network and Internet, click Wi-Fi and check whether it's switched on.

• pista97
    Options
    This is name 802.11ac wireless LAN

Gigabit LAN. It can not be turned on.problem is that i can not sent pictures here.Name of.driver is intel dual.band wireless ac 3168

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, right click AC3168, click Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • pista97
    Options
    Still same problem,but now not even showing my driver...
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Try rebooting again, if that doesn't help, connect with Ethernet cable, go to Acer support site and download WiFi driver and install.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7244?b=1
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>after one day i turned on my laptop i can not connect to the wifi >>>

Out of curiosity, please open control panel. Search for "restore point" without the quotes. Do you see any automatic restore points that are listed the day or so before you lost your wifi connection? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pista97
    Options
    No any improvements.I tried many times reboot,reinstall driver but it is still not showing when i install original driver from acer site...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    Do you find any automatic restore points in Control Panel? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pista97
    Options
    I found for about 26 december automatic and tried it but not worked..I reinstalled my Windows 10 and then installed drivers,Wifi worked till i turned off my laptop.Now again not showing anything...
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    pista97 said:
    I found for about 26 december automatic and tried it but not worked..I reinstalled my Windows 10 and then installed drivers,Wifi worked till i turned off my laptop.Now again not showing anything...
    Hi,
    Open cmd and type ipconfig, note the default gateway address, enter that in address bar, it will take you to your router settings, go to Advanced settings of WiFi, try disabling QOS. HTH.

• pista97
    Options
    Still there is a problem.I dont know what more i can do.It is like something is blocking my laptop to install driver corectly...
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,170 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try creating a new WiFi nework after removing this connection.
    1.Right click WiFi icon in the taskbar, click Open Network Options.
    2.Click Change Adapter Options, right click WiFI connection and click disable, then Delete.
    3. Connect with Ethernet cable and create a new WiFi connection.
    HTH.