Predator 17x gx-791 motherboard

Options
Pecotic
Pecotic Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Dear,

I have a predator 17x gx-791 with gtx 980 (8gb) after a 16 months motherboard has gone (short curcit on GPU).
Where or how I can find a motherboard for this laptop. It's killing me to have paid so much money and not be able to use it. Bytheway device is amazing.

PLEASE HELP

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You should have warranty left, unless you bought it from amazon. 

You should contact Acer in your region and they will replace the motherboard.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Pecotic
    Options
    ven98 thanks for help but when checking warranty status its passed in april 2017
    **********************************************************************************

Information About Your System

Please enter your SNID number. This is the 11 or 12 digit value located next to the bar codes on the bottom of your product label. You may also enter your 22 character serial number.  

SNID: N9Q12WW00161100B207200
    Description:  
    Warranty Type:  1 Year On Site
    Warranty End Date:  04/28/2017
    Registered Owner:  
    Contract:  

NOTE: No extended warranty exists for your system.
    ***********************************************************************************

if someone has any solution I would be grateful 
  • ven98
    Options
    Acer can repair your motherboard, no warranty means you will have to pay for servicing. The issue is that gx-791 is a last year model and I don't think they will have any motherboards available. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Pecotic
    Options
    @ven98
    Thanks for the effort. I'll try with Acer. To be honest I'm disapointed that this laptop has only 1y warrenty. (In other countries I can see 2y warrenties). This was one of the highest specs laptop on the marked, now I have a nice memory of thinking twice when doing something like this. I'm a big fan of Acer but this experience left me quite angry. Sorry Acer but this is too much money for me, been saving for a long time to have this laptop
  • ven98
    Options
    Pecotic said:
    @ven98
    Thanks for the effort. I'll try with Acer. To be honest I'm disapointed that this laptop has only 1y warrenty. (In other countries I can see 2y warrenties). This was one of the highest specs laptop on the marked, now I have a nice memory of thinking twice when doing something like this. I'm a big fan of Acer but this experience left me quite angry. Sorry Acer but this is too much money for me, been saving for a long time to have this laptop
    I can understand you very well, but sometimes unwanted events happen, unfortunately. The international warranty is 1 year, otherwise the retailers give 2 years or more. In Europe I have seen sellers, who offered 3 years warranty for GX-791. My GX-791 had 1 year international warranty and 3 years warranty by the seller, which was valid in the country I bought the laptop from only.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system