Predator Helios 300 shut down and wont turn on again

Options
Demidarus
Demidarus Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi people !
So i got this laptop yesterday and i only used it for a day. Today i was playing league of legends (a game that doesnt consume much ) when my laptop shutdown and didnt want to turn on again ! I waited for 2 hours ans tried resetting the intenal battery but nothing seems to work . When i put on the ac adapter therz is no light either.
What should i do  please ? I am pretty new with gaming laptop to be honest !
Thanks for the help !

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    about battery reset, normally you can feel the switch click or move when pushed.
    good to hear that's still working, about preventing the issue...1 time means nothing, you need to worry if it will happen again.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options
    Something went really bad if even with a battery reset it's still not booting.
    it's better if you contact your seller or Acer support service.
  • Demidarus

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi ! 
    What do you think could have gone wrong ? I mean i didnt use the laptop more than 5 hours :(
    And is there something to be sure that the battery has really reset ? Like does it make a sound or something ?
    Thanks for the help
  • Demidarus

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh nvm it worked again halleluiah! 
    Do you guys have any advice so it wont happen again ?
    Thanks !
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options
    about battery reset, normally you can feel the switch click or move when pushed.
    good to hear that's still working, about preventing the issue...1 time means nothing, you need to worry if it will happen again.
  • Filthy_autobot
    Filthy_autobot Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    hello, I'm facing the same problem. How did it work for you? Please help. It's not turning on 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    hello, I'm facing the same problem. How did it work for you? Please help. It's not turning on 

Hi,
    Switch off the laptop, disconnect the AC adapter, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    When you reset, don't use too much force, just gently press the switch with the pin.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • Filthy_autobot

Tinkerer

Options
    I did that. Still doesnt turn on. When I connect the AC plug it doesnt show the led indicator either.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    I did that. Still doesnt turn on. When I connect the AC plug it doesnt show the led indicator either
    Hi,
    It could be a faulty power brick, have you tested in another plug point? If you are within the warranty period, get in touch with Acer support centre in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Filthy_autobot

Tinkerer

Options
    battery was fully charged when it shut down on its own. Power plug is working, tested it. 
  • Filthy_autobot

Tinkerer

Options
    could it be a dead battery? Or the motherboard is gone?!
  • AdityaSingh46
    AdityaSingh46 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Facing same problem!! :( Any solution?
  • ChaseHelmey
    ChaseHelmey Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi guys, anyone solved this? Im facing the same issue.
  • Bzy
    Bzy Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Same issue here, seems like a faulty product but i'm out of warranty so not very happy.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Bzy, Have you checked that this button is being pressed correctly?

Ideally, you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question, posting the exact model of your notebook and the problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bzy
    Options
    Seems like a fridge door light on/off concept, if the panel presses the button how do I tell if the button is pressed?  Can I just press it down with my finger and try to power it?

Also I haven't tried the pinhole, it is incredibly tiny on this laptop, I don't even think a paperclip will fit.  Should I try that or does that not really do anything different than holding the power button down for 15 seconds?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Then add me by placing a @. That way, the topic will get more organized. However, I suggest you try for now, do a battery reset by using a paper clip:
    Try also to put some layers of insulation tape to better press the switch button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bzy
    Options
    Ok TY I will get to a new topic I want to do the easier stuff first so I will write it maybe tomorrow if I am able to try the tape trick by then and get some photos of the inside.

Really scared that I'm just out a TON of money but I will do what I can.  Appreciate the help.