PC freezing and white screens on windows 10

2»

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    ok, please report if you still have the blank screen again, should be also a windows update on the graphic adapater.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • EmilyDB
    EmilyDB Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    I got another blank white screen while watching a youtube video. The audio also stops as well, so I'm assuming it's not a monitor issue. 
    When I talked to someone at microsoft about these issues (the freezing and the blank screens) they said it was compatibility with the graphics driver on the computer with Windows 10, and that I have to wait for an update from Acer on the driver. Currently my graphics driver says it's on the best current version. 

I haven't had any regular freezing (where you can still see the screen but nothing works) since the bios update, but the blank screen has happened twice today. Once it was white, once it was that light purple color.
  • EmilyDB
    I'm still having issues with the screen going blank and turning random colors. It doesn't happen only when playing games or watching videos anymore but I'm suspecting possibly a faulty graphics card or perhaps a monitor issue?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    try this:
    press windows logo + x keys
    click on device manager
    click on Display adapter
    right click on The Intel graphic adapter
    choose to uninstall and tick to uninstall software too if prompted
    once done, reboot and let windows re-install the drivers (must have a d ata connection available)

check if you still have the screen issue, if so...it's time to call Acer support service, can be an hardware issue.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • EmilyDB
    I spoke to an Acer service person last night and that's what they recommended as well. Since doing so I've had one freeze up (a 'regular' one so to speak, where you can still see the screen and not a blank color) but no blank color screens. All day today I've had no freezing at all. I'm still keeping an eye out for freezes but it seems to at least be slowing down.

Both Acer and Microsoft now have mentioned it being a driver issue with windows ten and until intel properly updates the drivers for it there isn't too much to be done right now.