Configuring my V7850 for HDR.

Communist
Communist Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 27 in 2018 Archives

My 7850 is fine as a 4K television however HDR sources pretty much don't work.  Bright daylight is OK sometimes but darker scenes only show bright highlights and the rest is black (dark gray).

Is there any way to make my projector work with HDR?  I'd like to think there was a way, right?  And,

Is there a way to view HRD sources as regular 4K, assuming I can't get it to work with HDR?  I've tried turning HDR off, which helped, but the colors are all screwy.

Answers

• Jono23
    Jono23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

HDR can be complex to configure but I suggest using HDR 4 mode for the best contrast. I've also noticed that if you set HDMI range to "Full range" and feed the projector an HDR signal, you'll get the best picture with shadow detail and less crushed black levels.

The newest firmware C10 also addresses issues with HDR mode so you may want to look into that.
  • fcohermosillo
    fcohermosillo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Any news on that C10 firmware? I can't find it anywhere
  • Communist
    Communist Member Posts: 3 New User
    Any news on that C10 firmware? I can't find it anywhere
    It's not firmware in the usual sense, you have to send your projector to Acer...  I did that and now I have C13, also I got a new lamp.

Who knows?  Whatever, HDR is a LOT better now.  I was sure to be clear that my problem was very dark scenes and they did address that problem.