Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Backlit Keyboard; Spacebar not lighting up

P3RS0NNP3RS0NN Posts: 10Member

Tinkerer

I have an one month old Acer Spin 3 with the backlit keyboard feature. However, all my keys light up except for the space bar. Is it supposed to not light up? Can someone help me troubleshoot this?

Best Answer

• JackEJackE Posts: 4,956ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Google "backlit keyboard" images and you will see the norm for the spacebar backlight. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Google "backlit keyboard" images and you will see the norm for the spacebar backlight. 8^) Jack E/NJ
  • P3RS0NNP3RS0NN Posts: 10Member

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Thank you! I was going to return my new laptop because on the official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) but I guess they lied. :anguished: You are a lifesaver :+1: :smile:
    P3RSONN>>>official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) >>>

Do you have a link to the website that claimed this for the Spin 3? Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    P3RSONN>>>official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) >>>

Do you have a link to the website that claimed this for the Spin 3? Jack E/NJ
    Here you go: acer com/ac/en/CA/content/series-design/spin3
    >>>Here you go: acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/series-design/spin3>>>

Thanks. You gotta click on the keyboard in the ad (the little + sign greenie) to actually see what the backlit keyboard looks like when lit up. And, voila, spacebar isn't lit up --- not even labelled "backlit keyboard" cuz it's a spacebar. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

Tinkerer

JackE said:

Thanks. You gotta click on the keyboard in the ad (the little + sign greenie) to actually see what the backlit keyboard looks like when lit up. And, voila, spacebar isn't lit up --- not even labelled "backlit keyboard" cuz it's a spacebar. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

That's strange, because when I visit the webpage and press the + sign, it shows me a picture of the spacebar lit up?

Tinkerer

JackE said:

The spacebar has no lit symbols. What does your's look like in a darkened room? Jack E/NJ