Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Backlit Keyboard; Spacebar not lighting up

P3RS0NNP3RS0NN Posts: 28Member Enthusiast
I have an one month old Acer Spin 3 with the backlit keyboard feature. However, all my keys light up except for the space bar. Is it supposed to not light up? Can someone help me troubleshoot this?

Best Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 6,814 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Google "backlit keyboard" images and you will see the norm for the spacebar backlight. 8^) Jack E/NJ
    Accepted Answer
    Here's my KB in a darkened room. Mine has no outline around the spacebar either. What does that tell you about the image on the website? =) Jack E/NJ

Accepted Answer
    Good guess! Or possibly more than just one type of backlit KB was used in this particular model. This is not unusual. Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 6,814ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Google "backlit keyboard" images and you will see the norm for the spacebar backlight. 8^) Jack E/NJ
  • P3RS0NNP3RS0NN Posts: 28Member Enthusiast
    JackE said:
    Thank you! I was going to return my new laptop because on the official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) but I guess they lied. :anguished: You are a lifesaver :+1: :smile:
    P3RSONN>>>official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) >>>

Do you have a link to the website that claimed this for the Spin 3? Jack E/NJ
    JackE said:
    P3RSONN>>>official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) >>>

Do you have a link to the website that claimed this for the Spin 3? Jack E/NJ
    Here you go: acer com/ac/en/CA/content/series-design/spin3
    >>>Here you go: acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/series-design/spin3>>>

Thanks. You gotta click on the keyboard in the ad (the little + sign greenie) to actually see what the backlit keyboard looks like when lit up. And, voila, spacebar isn't lit up --- not even labelled "backlit keyboard" cuz it's a spacebar. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

JackE said:

Thanks. You gotta click on the keyboard in the ad (the little + sign greenie) to actually see what the backlit keyboard looks like when lit up. And, voila, spacebar isn't lit up --- not even labelled "backlit keyboard" cuz it's a spacebar. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

That's strange, because when I visit the webpage and press the + sign, it shows me a picture of the spacebar lit up?
    JackE said:

The spacebar has no lit symbols. What does your's look like in a darkened room? Jack E/NJ 
    JackE said:
    The spacebar has no lit symbols. What does your's look like in a darkened room? Jack E/NJ 
    The picture has a light outline around the keyboard, and in the dark, mine has no outline around the spacebar, so I was kind of confused...
    Accepted Answer
    Here's my KB in a darkened room. Mine has no outline around the spacebar either. What does that tell you about the image on the website? =) Jack E/NJ

edited March 7
    JackE said:

@JackE So I'm assuming that the website is incorrect?
    Accepted Answer
    Good guess! Or possibly more than just one type of backlit KB was used in this particular model. This is not unusual. Jack E/NJ