PREDATOR SENSE - GPU IDLE

EYTIAY
EYTIAY Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I have a problem with the Predator Sense, but I have not been able to remember how it was solved before, so I think it has improved spontaneously.
When I open the program, the discrete GPU is idle, so I can not see the GPU heat values ​​and what percentage of the GPU is used, how can I fix this?
My predator model is Helios 300 - PH317-51
Thank you...
Note: I tried to re-install a few times but the problem was not resolved...

Best Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    The dedicated GPU (GTX 1060) is not being used all the time. It only shows values when it is being used. So, there is no problem, just that is how it works.

You can force the GTX 1060 to run all the time, but it will consume a lot of battery life when unplugged.

Skelo.
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • EYTIAY

Tinkerer

edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    The problem is SOLVED, I had disabled the Windows 10 file ''hiberfil.sys'' because it takes too much size in my SSD,
    when it becomes active again, the Predator Sense starts to work perfect, thank you for interest...

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    The dedicated GPU (GTX 1060) is not being used all the time. It only shows values when it is being used. So, there is no problem, just that is how it works.

You can force the GTX 1060 to run all the time, but it will consume a lot of battery life when unplugged.

Skelo.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • EYTIAY

Tinkerer

So far, when I ran the program, the values ​​seemed but now it does not appear even if the GPU is working...

• Try running Predator Sense using Windows 8 Compatibility Mode.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • EYTIAY

Tinkerer

I tried but there was no improvement...

• EYTIAY

Tinkerer

edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    The problem is SOLVED, I had disabled the Windows 10 file ''hiberfil.sys'' because it takes too much size in my SSD,
    when it becomes active again, the Predator Sense starts to work perfect, thank you for interest...
  • EGLIAs
    EGLIAs Member Posts: 4 New User
    can you better explain the resolution of your problem?
  • Deltatech
    Deltatech Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited April 2018
    ''hiberfil.sys'' is a file Windows uses to store everything in your ram to disk upon Hibernation-Sleep. You can disable hibernation by
    1. Press the Windows button on the keyboard to open Start menu or Start screen.
    2. Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    4. At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
    5. Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window
  • Deltatech
    Deltatech Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I arrived here having the same problem after a Windows Update, disabling Hibernation did NOT alleviate  it for me.
    Problem persists.
    Windows Home Version 1709 OS build 16299.371
    Nvidia Driver 391.35
    Tested with Fallout 4, 3840x2160 4k resolution through HDMI to A Samsung Smart T.V.

Predator Sense had been working perfectly until the day before the Windows Update.
  • sherpagoodness
    sherpagoodness Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

i think he is saying to reactivate hibernation...which helped resolve it for me. I still have issues ocassionally and this helped

Go into the nvidia control panel then click on manage 3d settings on the left, choose the program settings tab, then pick the predator sense application, then choose the preferrred graphics processor as the nvidia. launch predator sense and it should show the temp and usage for the card now!!!