How to add case fan to Aspire TC-780-UR12 desktop?

nlt99
nlt99 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi!
I want to add a case fan to my Aspire TC-780-UR12 desktop.  I have a 3-pin connector fan...... where can I plug it on the motherboard please?

Answers

• TiFrameLock
    TiFrameLock Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi,
    I installed the 92mm Arctic F9 with a 4 pin connector on the inside rear of my case months ago at the same time I put in a GTX 1050 TI. I've had no issues at all but I'm unsure about a 3 pin connector on the MB. 

"Tech Deals" has his own channel on YouTube and does a 5 part series called "$450 Acer Aspire Desktop PC" showing upgrades and in "Part 3- Upgrade Video Video - Ram- SSD - GPU -Fan" you'll see where the fan connector is on the MB. I tried to post the link but they don't' allow it since I haven't been on the site long enough.

Good luck!
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    edited December 2017
    Hi,
    I installed the 92mm Arctic F9 with a 4 pin connector on the inside rear of my case months ago at the same time I put in a GTX 1050 TI. I've had no issues at all but I'm unsure about a 3 pin connector on the MB.
    Hi TiFrameLock,
    Do you get the same CPU fan speed with the Artic F9 PWM (1800RPM instead of 2400RPM for the original case fan and Smart Fan enabled in the bios setup utility)?
    France
  • nlt99
    nlt99 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you very much TiFrameLock... I appreciate your taking the time to respond!  Big help..... ordering the fan and watched the video you mentioned.

Thanks again, and Happy New year to you!   Nick
  • T1CLOZER
    T1CLOZER Member Posts: 1 New User
    nlt99 said:
    Hi!
    I want to add a case fan to my Aspire TC-780-UR12 desktop.  I have a 3-pin connector fan...... where can I plug it on the motherboard please?
    Hello im planning to upgrade did the 1050ti just a plug and play videocard ? No wires or anything ?

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @T1CLOZER,

Can you start a new thread ? You have a different topic.